Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

command unit faulty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is a ///AMG badged CL500.
command unit faulty

Hey fellow forum members,
for the past couple of months. i have been having major(to me) problems with the shifter, comand, center console. etc. i took my car over to MB Tech in Monterey Park. The guys there are great. Excellent customer service and reasonable price. Kept me up to date on my car. I have no affiliations with them, however i just wanted to share this with other members just in case you guys are looking for different alternatives. With that said. I just picked up my car today. The only thing that came back negative was that they couldnt find a specific part to fix the Comand. It said that the limited switch is faulty. it is affecting my tape, nav, cd options. so i could only play radio. is there a part number or can someone provide with a price of how much this part is going to cost me?

the reason this code appears is because the tape flap opens thinking there is a tape cassette. so it affects all of the other functions, cd, nav, etc. from working.
here is what the code reads:

Control Unit: D2B
CODE: B1768-002 Front flap: 'Open front flap' limit switch is faulty

thanks guys, any help is greatly appreciated.
cell co-ordinate: 21, 24

this is for a 2002 CL500
MODS: if i posted in the wrong section. please tow to appropriate section.

Last edited by amgluvr; 01-27-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I don't think I can help but I think you should post more details about the car. There are several different D2B Comand units on different MB models.