Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

rear speakers not working... could it be a fuse or is it my amp? (bose, slk230)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK230
rear speakers not working... could it be a fuse or is it my amp? (bose, slk230)

any help here would be great... I have a becker cd player with a bose speaker set up and my rear speakers are not working (MB upgrade option 1998 SLK 230, no CD changer in trunk)-- problem started after putting in a new battery if that means anything... I first thought perhaps the deck was the problem, because I had to pull it to get the serial # to get the code (thought maybe I loosed a connection inside the deck) -- but then I saw that the outputs on the deck were only connected for the front speakers (I assume the amp splits the signal for all the speakers)... SO -- Does anyone know if this could be a blown fuse somewhere or does my amp have a blown channel??? any info would be great here, for instance, is there a separate amp or fuse for the rear speakers?
Thanks
Eric
Old 02-07-2008, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' C230SS
have you owned the vehicle since it was new? 0 miles? if not then there could be amps EVERYHWERE!!! no but seriously you never know, unless you did the install yourself.

did you have the keys in the ignition when you installed the new battery? that would sure blow some fuses
Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'87 300E
Is it an aftermarket amplifier?