Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2006 E350 Bluetooth - help please!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350
2006 E350 Bluetooth - help please!!

I just bought a 2006 E350 with 1600 (yes sixteen HUNDRED) miles for my wife. She is coming out of a BMW X5 which had bluetooth. She spends about an hour each way driving to work, so the hands free/bluetooth feature is great for her. Anyway I have spent a few hours reading up on Mercedes and Bluetooth connectivity and am more confused than ever. Her car has the 526 Premium Package. It does not have the voice feature. There are telephone buttons on the steering wheel and a telephone button on the unit with the navigation screen. I do not see any type of cradle in the armrest/center console. She uses a company provided Blackberry. What do I need to buy in order to make this work? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Here's what it takes to install phone in a 2005 E-class sedan:
http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/Phon...0E%20Sedan.pdf

2006 is the same

Toward the end, you'll note installation of a phone cradle into the console. With Mercedes, instead of the cradle, a Bluetooth communicator is connected in the same fashion to the contact plate.

If you don't have the contact plate, chances are pretty good you need the complete installation. If you do, perhaps the previous owner simply kept the cradle/Bluetooth module and all you need is a new one.

Note that voice control installation is simply combined in this document--it is not required for phone.
Attached Images  

Last edited by lkchris; 02-07-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM

2006 E350
Thanks Kent. It appears that I do require the entire installation, and after reading the instructions it is clear that I would need MB to do this installation. I assume this is the $1500-2000 install that I see others discuss? If so, she may be getting a Bluetooth earpiece for Valentine's Day!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Porsche Carrera
Bluetooth

Originally Posted by SCGamecocks
Thanks Kent. It appears that I do require the entire installation, and after reading the instructions it is clear that I would need MB to do this installation. I assume this is the $1500-2000 install that I see others discuss? If so, she may be getting a Bluetooth earpiece for Valentine's Day!
SCG, You have to check and make sure your 211 is prewired for the handsfree system before you can even install the factory kit. If you have the prewired harness in the car then all you will need is the MHI (control module in the trunk) the Cradle Adapter Cable (the part that sits in the center compartment) and a Bluetooth Module. Alternatively, you can go with an aftermarket fully integrated kit for around $1300.00. Hope this help.