Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

please help! logic 7 center speaker busted!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 sport
Unhappy please help! logic 7 center speaker busted!

hey guys im new to the benz forums so hello and once i get her cleaned up ill post some pics.
so my problem is the front center speaker is eather busted or loose.it distorts badly and buzzes most of the time and some songs with a lot of mids make it worst. how do i fix this or replace the speaker? i have been in to car audio for a wile but im mostly used to working on domestics. it sound horible and is bothering me and i need to fix it. thanks guys and please help.any info is better than no info.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:16 PM

Infiniti
Originally Posted by shaunls1
hey guys im new to the benz forums so hello and once i get her cleaned up ill post some pics.
so my problem is the front center speaker is eather busted or loose.it distorts badly and buzzes most of the time and some songs with a lot of mids make it worst. how do i fix this or replace the speaker? i have been in to car audio for a wile but im mostly used to working on domestics. it sound horible and is bothering me and i need to fix it. thanks guys and please help.any info is better than no info.
Take it out and look at it, maybe even bench test it, if its bad dont bother fixing it, just order a factory replacement from the dealer. good luck!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:18 PM

2003 E500 sport
re:

ill do that but how do i get to it?
Old 02-16-2008, 08:55 PM

Infiniti
Originally Posted by shaunls1
ill do that but how do i get to it?
does it have a grill or is it under the actual dash?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:01 AM

2003 E500 sport

its the one on the top of the climate controls on the center of the dash
Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 PM

2005 CLK320 Cab, 2008 R320 CDI
i just went through this on my clk320. if it's buzzing, it's blown. if you are in houston, check out river oaks audio on richmond or on the web at installer.com when they heard mb wanted $237 for the replacement + $67 for a new grill because suppossedly the speaker had been modified, richard and the rest of the guys in the shop had a great laugh. he used two plastic shim/doorstop looking tools to dig out the grill and replace the speaker with an instock 3" speaker, which did require a little rigging. cost including installation <$100 and it sounds great.

it looked pretty easy to remove the speaker, but i'm not too handy so i was glad to pay the $. not paying the mb parts premium saved me $200 alone and who know what they would have charged to install.