Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Yet another MB BT question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Yet another MB BT question

............I am fairly okay with Mb electronics but I'm yet to install anything BT related. I am finally going to install MB BT puck. Only question I have is: After I install it, how do I enable it to recognize just my phone and not say my friends phone who is in the car with me and also has a BT phone in his pocket? Thanks.

Ted
Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML 500
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
............I am fairly okay with Mb electronics but I'm yet to install anything BT related. I am finally going to install MB BT puck. Only question I have is: After I install it, how do I enable it to recognize just my phone and not say my friends phone who is in the car with me and also has a BT phone in his pocket? Thanks.

Ted
you have to pair your phone with the puck. then it will only look for your phone on start up. now if you pair your phone and your friends phone. it will try to pair up with what ever the last phone it was, so it could be either your friend or your's.

case in point.. just pair the puck with your phone.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by vinceching
you have to pair your phone with the puck. then it will only look for your phone on start up. now if you pair your phone and your friends phone. it will try to pair up with what ever the last phone it was, so it could be either your friend or your's.

case in point.. just pair the puck with your phone.
............thanks. I am buying the puck from ebay. I imagine the process of pairing the phone to the puck is not difficult, but I will probably not have write up of it with my ebay purchase. Can you kindly describe the process? Thanks.

Ted