Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Help! Radio won't switch off...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E55 AMG Estate 1999
Help! Radio won't switch off...

Hi folks

I have a '99 E55 estate, newly acquired with a very annoying fault - the radio (an Audio 10 unit) won't switch off. It's as if it's frozen - pressing any of the Audio 10's buttons makes no real difference. I can't select CDs, turn the volume up or down, change channel - removing the flip panel makes no difference. Taking the key out and leaving it for a couple of hours makes no difference, still it blares away...

I disconnected the battery and reconnected again, and it blared away instantly as before.

Help!

David
Old 04-12-2008, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E55 AMG Estate 1999
I eventually sorted it. After leaving the battery disconnected overnight the radio just displayed the 'CODE' state upon reconnection. As my manuals were elsewhere I tried in vain to input the correct number according to the card.

The secret was to HOLD the right-hand knob in for a few seconds after pushing to confirm the last code digit. A useful site for such information is at Blue Ice.

Of course, I then had all the warning lights on for ABS/BAS after the power disruption. These were cured by depressing the brake pedal down fully, then turning the ignition on.

Hope this helps!

David