Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

iPod Integration for 08 S Class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S500
Unhappy iPod Integration for 08 S Class?

Just received my new 08 S500 with pre-installed iPod connection in the glove box. It is controlled through the AUX option from the Command, though I can see the already playing track from the console, and I can change tracks from the steering wheel, but it always gives me random tracks from my iPod. I cannot select say an album or a Playlist.

Is there a way to enable album sorting or playlist select? How do I see the albums and playlists from within my iPod ? is there a guide that I can follow online? , All help is appreciated.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:36 PM
GGM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Just received my new 08 S500 with pre-installed iPod connection in the glove box. It is controlled through the AUX option from the Command, though I can see the already playing track from the console, and I can change tracks from the steering wheel, but it always gives me random tracks from my iPod. I cannot select say an album or a Playlist.

Is there a way to enable album sorting or playlist select? How do I see the albums and playlists from within my iPod ? is there a guide that I can follow online? , All help is appreciated.
Welcome to the forums. If you search for ipod you will find that this has been discussed many times. There is a way to use album, playlist, artist, etc. but it is not intuitive, takes quite a bit of manipulating the phone button on the steering wheel (and consequently, shouldn't be done while driving IMHO), and is more trouble than it is worth. I have been trying and experimenting with the ipod integration kit to find a way to use it that suits me. Haven't found it yet, don't really expect to, and don't recommend installing the kit to anyone. It's just not worth it. Can't help wondering if the media player software in some of the other manufacturer's interfaces are really as good as they make them look in their ads. I will definitely be checking them out when it is time for a new car.

Good luck. You may want to consider always searching the forum before posting. Some members will greet your newbie help posts like this one with a less than cordial welcome. If they tell you to STFF, it means Search The F'ing Forum. Just so you know.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S500
Originally Posted by GGM
Welcome to the forums. If you search for ipod you will find that this has been discussed many times. There is a way to use album, playlist, artist, etc. but it is not intuitive, takes quite a bit of manipulating the phone button on the steering wheel (and consequently, shouldn't be done while driving IMHO), and is more trouble than it is worth. I have been trying and experimenting with the ipod integration kit to find a way to use it that suits me. Haven't found it yet, don't really expect to, and don't recommend installing the kit to anyone. It's just not worth it. Can't help wondering if the media player software in some of the other manufacturer's interfaces are really as good as they make them look in their ads. I will definitely be checking them out when it is time for a new car.

Good luck. You may want to consider always searching the forum before posting. Some members will greet your newbie help posts like this one with a less than cordial welcome. If they tell you to STFF, it means Search The F'ing Forum. Just so you know.
GGM : Thanks alot for the help . really appreciate you passing by and helping out, I did search the forum for that same issue but did not find a straight answer. most people are looking for ways to integrate their ipods/media players with their cars. but not quite specifically the S class.

I will keep on searching for ways to better make use of the iPod integration kit. Once again thanks a lot for your feedback and participation, anything is gladly appreciated.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E 350, 2012 GLK 350, 2012 C300 4matic
Use the PCMCIA slot - it's a cleaner interface
Old 05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
I hope its the same as in the C Class. You can access Playlists, Artists, Shuffle by pressing the Call end button then use the navigation arrows to make your selection. The press OK. Hope that helps.