Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Integrated Bluetooth & Motorola Q Phones

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Audi R8, '09 SL63, '10 GLK, '10 ML550
Integrated Bluetooth & Motorola Q Phones

I have a brand new '09 SL63 with integrated bluetooth. Apparently, it is the same integrated bluetooth as the C-Class model. Since, my Treo phone won't work with this integrated phone system (it works in my ML and GL, though), I need a new MS Mobile compatible smartphone. It looks like the Motorola Q is the only one available for the MB integrated bluetooth system. My questions are:

Will any of the Motorola Qs work, or just one particular model? I see that there are four different Motorola Qs on the market, including a new international model, Sprint model, Verizon model, etc. They all look different on the outside, but are they alike on the inside that they will all pair with this integrated bluetooth? I am not looking forward to trying each model out to see if it works.

I already called MB customer support and MB Auto Wireless Solutions. No help there.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Interesting. I went to the '08 SL compatibility section (latest available) on the AWS site, and it shows the Q-phone firmware version Q2-BP_C_06.0B.0BP as being compatible; however, the phone is not shown at all when one selects a specific carrier. Yet, the firmware would come from a carrier. Perhaps calling carriers themselves and asking if that is a version they use with the Q-phone, would help.

Most of the "approved" firmware versions I see on the AWS site that start with a letter are AT&T.

I cannot answer the rest of your questions, unfortunately.

Last edited by Skylaw; 05-05-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Audi R8, '09 SL63, '10 GLK, '10 ML550
Originally Posted by Skylaw
Perhaps calling carriers themselves and asking if that is a version they use with the Q-phone, would help.
Great idea. Thank you.