Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2007/ 08 Balupunkt DX CD with TMC Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
2007/ 08 Balupunkt DX CD with TMC Problems

Hi, I have a 2002 C32 AMG and purchased an original Balupunkt / Teleatlas DX UK CD with 2007/2008 maps but it does not work on my command unit - I get CD Reading error. We tried the same CD on a VW passat and it works fine.

The CD has no scratches or dents and the cover clearly states it can be used on a C CLass up to 2004 (W203). I even spoke to Teleatlas and they confirm that the CD should work on all DX systems.

Is anyone aware of any compatibility issues with the non Merc Sat Nav CD's?? if so please advise as I'm desperate for new maps.

I have the option of returning the CD but for £90.00 it seemed like a bargain compared to £220 which my local merc dealer wants.

Any help would be appreciated.

HiOnChee
Old 05-17-2008, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Sounds like the cd drive in your comand has a dirty laser - use one of those cleaning CDs that you put a special liquid onto the little brushes on it and that will probably sort the problem.

Comand uses those exact teleatlas DX disks - I work for a business that sells lots of them to Mercedes and VW owners.

The issue is clearly with the Comand, not the disk, and as you have opened the disk i'd be surprised if the retailer would accept a return since its (a) not faulty and (b) not re-saleable as new

Last question, sounds like this is not your problem, but worth posting for future readers of this thread, Comand is *really* bad at reading copied disks. CD-R and CD-RW have lower reflectivity of the laser than original disks and they dont really work. Almost everyone i've seen with disk reading problems are copied disks or dirty lasers - just the very occasional laser dying issue.

Cheers

Richard