Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Harmon Kardon ipod sound?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 4Matic
Harmon Kardon ipod sound?

Hey all,
Just joined the site yesterday and this is my first post. Glad to be here. I ordered a 2008 C Class with Navigation and Harmon Kardon Logic7 sound system (picking it up next month).

My question is how is the sound quality when I use my ipod through the glove box built-in adapter? Is it cd quality? If not, is at least really good?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 PM
GGM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by tremulant
Hey all,
Just joined the site yesterday and this is my first post. Glad to be here. I ordered a 2008 C Class with Navigation and Harmon Kardon Logic7 sound system (picking it up next month).

My question is how is the sound quality when I use my ipod through the glove box built-in adapter? Is it cd quality? If not, is at least really good?
Welcome, tremulant. You may want to search the forums in the future before you post. You will find that the question you just asked has been asked many times before. Hit the search button and enter "ipod sound" and you will be amazed how many times this issue has been discussed. Good luck in the future with your searching. And be prepared for some to tell you to "STFF" which stands for "Search The F'ing Forums."

Some have had issues with the sound. Others have not. It seems the newer cars with the ipod integration kits have had most of the issues resolved. My ipod kit sound seems OK. But there are many incarnations of the kit and the software that controls it. Yours will probably be the newest incarnation with the latest upgrades so the sound should be OK. It's the interface through the steering wheel that leaves much to be desired. Search for "ipod integration kit" if you want to read more.

I hope you find this information useful.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:06 AM

2008 C300 Sport
Have the Logic7 system with the iPod kit. Sound is fine. The only quirk is that compared to volume settings for everything else, the volume has to be really cranked up to get the ipod sounding good. Always an "ear kicker' when I forget to re-adjust the volume when I switch from the iPod to CD or radio.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:11 PM

2008 C300 4Matic
Cool - thanks for the responses