Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Amp Location and Adjustment??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Amp Location and Adjustment??

I'm wondering where the stock amp is located at and if there is anyway to adjust it to get more power to my stock speakers??
Old 07-08-2008, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I just found the stock amp last night. It is under the floorboard in a huge black plastic case towards the back of the trunk against the rear seat.

I'm not sure that you can make any adjustments to it. Might want to just tap into the line outputs and power the stock speakers with aftermarket amp. This would probably make a difference as long as you don't overpower them. Best case would be to get aftermarket amp and replace all the speakers too.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by nJuDunno
Well I just found the stock amp last night. It is under the floorboard in a huge black plastic case towards the back of the trunk against the rear seat.

I'm not sure that you can make any adjustments to it. Might want to just tap into the line outputs and power the stock speakers with aftermarket amp. This would probably make a difference as long as you don't overpower them. Best case would be to get aftermarket amp and replace all the speakers too.
Im thinking to add the aftermarket amp and the sub into the car...but the question is how do u connect the aftermarket amp?? did u attach to the factory amp (Power,Ground,Remote) and wat about the line outputs???
Old 07-08-2008, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005

Would you mind posting a picture about the amp, showing its location?

There was another MB model that also had the amp at about the location you describe, if I understood it right. I've never seen an amplifier behind the back seat, could this be a US only option? Which audio options does your vehicle data card show (if you don't know, we could figure out it from your VIN)?
The following users liked this post:
Joe Stinso (05-31-2020)
Old 07-08-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Would you mind posting a picture about the amp, showing its location?

There was another MB model that also had the amp at about the location you describe, if I understood it right. I've never seen an amplifier behind the back seat, could this be a US only option? Which audio options does your vehicle data card show (if you don't know, we could figure out it from your VIN)?
When I get home tonight I will post pictures of the entire trunk exposed. My car has the HK sound system. There are 3 processors in the trunk in that same location (not sure what they all are) , but I assume its for the voice command, MHI interface, and AGW. I'm trying to buy a reference book with wiring schematics for my car, but no luck yet.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Im thinking to add the aftermarket amp and the sub into the car...but the question is how do u connect the aftermarket amp?? did u attach to the factory amp (Power,Ground,Remote) and wat about the line outputs???
I haven't done the install yet, but will let you know when I figure it out. Power will come from battery in the trunk, Ground will be to the body somewhere in the trunk, and remote I intend to use the power outlet in the trunk.

The part Im trying to figure out is which wires to tap into for the signal now.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
I haven't done the install yet, but will let you know when I figure it out. Power will come from battery in the trunk, Ground will be to the body somewhere in the trunk, and remote I intend to use the power outlet in the trunk.

The part Im trying to figure out is which wires to tap into for the signal now.
cool cool keep me posted...
Old 07-09-2008, 02:43 PM

Just to update everyone here, I was wrong about the location of the AGW, it is infact on the left side in the trunk behind the area of the navigation dvd drive. The 3 boxes on the floor in the rear of the trunk next to the back seat must be for something else. I wasn't able to take any pics b/c I couldnt find my camera and was in a rush to put everthing back together after installin the subs. However I did manage to get pictures from another website. Attached is the AGW pic and also a pic of the 3 boxes behind the rear seat, The box on the left is the UHI control module and the one on the far right is the voice command control module, not sure what the one in the middle is for.
Attached Thumbnails Amp Location and Adjustment??-agw-location.jpg   Amp Location and Adjustment??-uhi-control-module.jpg  

Last edited by nJuDunno; 07-09-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w219 cls55
Just to update everyone here, I was wrong about the location of the AGW, it is infact on the left side in the trunk behind the area of the navigation dvd drive. The 3 boxes on the floor in the rear of the trunk next to the back seat must be for something else. I wasn't able to take any pics b/c I couldnt find my camera and was in a rush to put everthing back together after installin the subs. However I did manage to get pictures from another website. Attached is the AGW pic and also a pic of the 3 boxes behind the rear seat, The box on the left is the UHI control module and the one on the far right is the voice command control module, not sure what the one in the middle is for.

mine is missing the middle one...
Old 05-20-2022, 09:11 AM

C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
Sorry, please delete post.

Last edited by yazid; 05-20-2022 at 09:18 AM. Reason: I’ve got my answer.