Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

A/V auxillary inputs and DSP amp modifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 04:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/V auxillary inputs and DSP amp modifications

I have some questions that may have been answered before but i have been unable to find the exact information I have been looking for. Here is a bit of info to start off with...I have 3 models that these questions apply to, 2002 G-500, 2001 S-500, and 2003 SL-55. All are US models with command systems and no TV tuners as of yet.

First question pertains to the ability to bring up Auxillary input. I have seen the Aux input adapter available from Megacomm, and I do not speak or read German so If someone could give me some insight on how to install this device and get it to work with my vehicles that would be very helpful...Also if anyone has used this device some information on how well it works would also be great...

My second line of questioning pertains to the "Bose" amplifier in the S-class and SL-55. I have heard that somewhere there is information on how to "hack" or modify the amplifier so that I can add aftermarket amplifiers to my system. Specifically what I am looking for is schematic information on the amplifier so i can get 20hz-20khz audio signal for front and rear outputs before the amplification and DSP section of the unit. I am not concerned with voiding the warrenty.

Lastly one of my S-class vehicles does have the TV tuner option added. I purchased the parts from the guys at Nav-TV and I am happy with the result except for the German menus. Is there a way to reprogram this so that the TV Tuner portion reads out in English instead of German?

Thanks for any help I may recieve....

CHeers...
Old 02-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Almost a Member!

any info yet boys???
Old 02-04-2003, 01:04 PM

2013 SL 350, ML 350 BT
Originally posted by ]_ us ]-[
any info yet boys???
Hi, you can find AV adapter and more stuff in: http://www.audiotechnik-dietz.de. I remember you must activate TV knob in your Comand and disable disability watch tv on moving
Old 02-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Any sites that can provide information in english?
Old 02-04-2003, 01:16 PM

2013 SL 350, ML 350 BT
Originally posted by ]_ us ]-[
Any sites that can provide information in english?
You have all the information in german and english. I saw in Alpine that AV adapter reference MM-112400 It is same as Megacomm http://www.auto-hifi.at/ALPINE_PREIS...reisliste.html

Last edited by cone; 02-04-2003 at 01:24 PM.