Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

iTronic/Mobridge Ipod interface - good or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 05:57 PM

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Question iTronic/Mobridge Ipod interface - good or not?

I wasn't sure if I should post this in one of the iTronic discussions about Bluetooth. Most of the conversation has been about their phone support, which people seem happy with. But has anyone used/installed the Ipod feature? Does anyone have or know of a video showing the iPod feature in use? I've only found an install video which ends with "now we're going to show the iPod feature......"

I actually like the MB iPod solution which I tried on a loaner, because it keeps my eyes on the dash display and not the Nav screen. But it seems that the iTronic/Mobridge is a little awkward. According to the docs, the navigation and display seems like this:

* Select CD1-6 depending on whether you want Playlist, Artist, Album, etc. I'm guessing you have to remember what # is what function?

* Then, you scroll through a list of Artist, etc. Let's say I play the album Vital Idol by Billy Idol. Once you select a song or something, the display looks like this:

< Artist - Bil... >

^
Vital Idol
\/

Doesn't that seem awkward? Can anyone comment on usability? Wouldn't it be better to show "Artist Name...Album/Song"?? Considering how short the text is, does it work well with the dashboard display? Does the artist name, album etc scroll or do you just see only part of it, with the rest cut off?

Does the iPod feature on iTronic work with the Mercedes VR system if you have it installed?