Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Itronic "Processing"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008 | 06:11 PM

05 C230 Sports Sedan, Previously owned an 02 C230 Sports Coupe
Itronic "Processing"

Wow! I purchased and installed the itronic BT module in my car. Everything works well, but I switched the HU to Telephone yesterday and I apparently held down the center "Telephone" button a bit too long.

Anyway, the HU flashed the phrase "Processing". Does anyone know what in the world it could have been processing? The address book was already uploaded. So I'm not sure what else it would have been taking care of.

Does anyone with the factory phone know if they hold down the button for about 5 seconds if the factory phone begins to "process" something.

Majorly curious.
Old 08-07-2008 | 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
It turns the phone off with a message saying "deactivating phone" with OE MB equipment. After deactivating the phone this way, I had to manually turn my plug-in phone back on to get the system to "activate" the phone as it normally does. Pressing and holding the "Tel" button again did not turn it back on - but I didn't have much time to play with it.

I don't know for sure how it would respond in a Bluetooth setup.

Last edited by Skylaw; 08-07-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2008 | 08:40 PM

05 C230 Sports Sedan, Previously owned an 02 C230 Sports Coupe
Thanks! I'll try not to "press and hold" as I bet it is looking for the OEM puck to communicate with.