Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W204-I need to know what is the wire color for the power antenna on a non HK system.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204-I need to know what is the wire color for the power antenna on a non HK system.

Replacing head unit with aftermarket and have installed all wiring except the power antenna wire because I do not know which one it is. The system is non HK so all wiring is from the harness on stock head unit. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230SS
i believe the becker radio's use a black wire for the power antenna. in the w203, it's pin A5- not sure if it's the same for hte W204 though.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No power antenna wire so the 2008 C300 is wired up . I recieved an antenna adapter from crutchfield with my CDA-9887 however it looks like I can hookup 3 different wires to the adapter that goes to the alpine. I looked at the back of the factory deck one of the plugs says FM, the other says ohm and the the other is blank. I plugged in the FM and I only got FM reception. I know AM, who cares, but I listen to the Laker games on AM when I am not at home. Is there some type of adapter with two inputs for FM and AM? Thanks.