Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

C320 CD Changer for $100 and a nice guy.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320 Sport Wagon
C320 CD Changer for $100 and a nice guy.

Gotta let you know that there are gentlemen out there, even on eBay. Some months ago, this fellow with no eBay history posted an ad for the MB changer with an opening bid of $100. Said it was removed from a new(!) C320, just like mine. Seems the lack of history put people off and I took a shot at $100.

He was upset that it went for only that $100 as he knew nothing about minimum bids or reserves but he knew it was worth much more. I said I understood but that there was a contractual obligation and I would have to mention it in posting my feedback. Since he intends to do this with MB stuff again (see below), he didn't want the bad rating and shipped it.

I installed it and found it defective. I pulled it and returned and he sent me another which, I am happy to say is perfect. All through the discussions and exchanges, everything was pleasant, gentlemanly and clear.

Not only do I love the deal, I must relay my recommendations for this guy. If he posts again, despite minimal history, he's a straight shooter. His eBay ID is dennis408.

(Oh, gotta change my sig; CD Changer installed!)
Old 01-09-2003, 07:31 PM
gab

i picked up a brand new CD Changer from a guy on the forums for $75 last year, and he worked for MB dealership or affliated
Old 01-13-2003, 06:34 PM

2002 C320 Sport Wagon
A new MB fiber-optic changer for $75 is an extraordinary deal (or stolen goods). New ones go for $350-400 on ebay or from web dealers.