Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Wiring for center console illumination

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 190E 2.6
Wiring for center console illumination

I posted in this thread because people brave enough to do the audio will be the ones to know the answer to my problem.

I have 1991 190E 2.6 that I purchase 11/26/01. Only one channel in radio worked so I installed a new CD unit.

All illumination worked initially. After I first pulled the OEM radio the center console, climate control, and shift selector illumination stopped working. Now, through the new install I have checked all wires and fuses but they still don't work.

Any ideas? Can't be bulbs, because they ALL couldn't go out at the same time.

brookspw
Old 01-16-2002, 01:47 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
brookspw

You can also try posting this at the MB Tech Talk and mbtech208 might have an answer for you.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
96 P993T, 00 E55, 09 SL63
Center console illumination out?

Brook:

I can think of two possibilities.

1. Somewhere along the process a power supply wire to the center illumination was inadvertently cut.

2. The center illumination was run in series with the illumination of the stock radio. Therefore by taking the stock radio, you remove one of the resistant in the series line hence the non-illumination of the rest of the console. Try by putting back the stock radio to check this. If this is true then you need to put a small resistor/bulb in series with the center illumination line.

HTH