Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Air control unir problem after installing RF modulator and CD changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230k
Angry Air control unir problem after installing RF modulator and CD changer

Hi.
I just put in my 12" subwoofer. I installed a CD changer too. I patch thru the head unit w/ an RF modulator. The problem is that after i put everything back together, my air control unit does not work properly.
Air only comes out from the floor. SO, i have no defrost and no air coming out of my front vents. i can live w/o the front vents, but no DEFROST.... Also, the AUTO control on the air unit doesnt work properly. Oh, and the air seems to come out on its own, even though i didnt turn it on.

The subwoofer and the CD changer work fine. But, the air control unit is messed up.

Oh, i somwhat fix the problem by removing the top connector of the head unit (there are 3 connector, i just took out the one closest to the top vents). At least, i can control the speed of the air and the temperature. BUt, i still only get air thru the floor.

I know its a rather long problem. HOpe someone knows how to fix this w/o takin it to the dealer. Im gonna work on it tonight again, and see if i can figure it out.

Otherwise, i luv my car.

C230k 2003 C4 C7 Pewter Silver, Charcoal Interior.
1000W Kenwood Amp, 12" Sub.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:47 PM

re-remove the dash and make sure you reconnected everything correctly. go over all your work again and give us a holla back.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:48 PM

c230k
OH, one more thing

Anyone know where i can find a fuse map for the front, dash and back fuse boxes? I tried lookin at the manual and inside the car, but no luck. I need to know what kind of fuses are needed in which slot.
I shorted a few wires tryin to figure out how to fix my probelm w/ the air control unit..
well....hope someone has some idea how to fix this....if not, i guess i'll go to the dealer....
thnx
Old 12-31-2002, 12:11 AM

c230k
Allright, i figured it out

Well, after about 4hrs of workin at it. i finnaly figured it out.
there were 2 connector with the same male piece, so they look the same. But only one should go into the air control unit. I had the wrong one plugged in before. So the one that should go in is the one w/ 2 black cables coming out of the plug. Wohoo.

well, i still gotta figure out why my lighter aint workin. I tapped the switched power for the cd changer from there. so i think its a fuse.

So, w/ a little patience....now almost everything works...except for the lighter. anyways, im tryin to quit smokin, so i guess it works out for the best.

Oh, if anyone is thinkin about removin the front dash panels...they need to watch out. THe 2 panels to the left and right of the front panel (where the head unit is at) has a 2 way clip. they clip out and forward. just a thought i wanted to share w/ all. cause i broke one of the snaps.

well, guess i can go to sleep now...

thnx for the reply...