Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Looking for part on Ipod Cable - through glove box - E320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 Bluetec
Looking for part on Ipod Cable - through glove box - E320

Hi -

I have a friend with an 08 E320 Bluetec.

Her dog chewed up her Ipod Interface cable (the one that goes from the glovebox to the Ipod).

Dealeship wants like $650 to replace this - that is way to much, all I need to do is replace the cable that goes from the glove box to the dash.

I have found some pics on eBay of used kits - I just need a single cable, didn't know if anybody had a part number I could search for it with. I have attached a picture of the specific piece I am looking for - it is only the cable that runs Glove Box -> Ipod with the white connector on the end.

Anybody have expirence with these? Just a simple plug and play behind the dash?

Also - anybody know if this is a model specific cable? I haven't found an E320 specific cable, but they all look the same in the OEM pics I have found on eBay.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for part on Ipod Cable - through glove box - E320-ipodcable.jpg  

Last edited by Hamsterman; 12-01-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 179 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Price the cable only at the dealership if you think you can do the job.

Better get the service DVD to learn how to take the radio out and the dashboard apart.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Hamsterman
Hi -

I have a friend with an 08 E320 Bluetec.

Her dog chewed up her Ipod Interface cable (the one that goes from the glovebox to the Ipod).

Dealeship wants like $650 to replace this - that is way to much, all I need to do is replace the cable that goes from the glove box to the dash.

I have found some pics on eBay of used kits - I just need a single cable, didn't know if anybody had a part number I could search for it with. I have attached a picture of the specific piece I am looking for - it is only the cable that runs Glove Box -> Ipod with the white connector on the end.

Anybody have expirence with these? Just a simple plug and play behind the dash?

Also - anybody know if this is a model specific cable? I haven't found an E320 specific cable, but they all look the same in the OEM pics I have found on eBay.
It should be the same on all models - an iPod dock connection to an RJ-45. I haven't seen them sold individually, though.

The black box you see is underneath the dash. You will probably need to remove the glove compartment to install it.