Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Programming Voice Control for Phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240 2002
Programming Voice Control for Phone

I have a voice recognition system in my C240. I am having a hard time figuring out how to program a voice mail number that dials when I say "dial name."

Let me explain. The VCS asks me what the number I want to enter, and I respond 978-xxx-xxxx. The system repeats the number back to me (it's actually just a few numbers at a time, but you get the idea). Then I need to enter a pause so that the number can dial before the # and the voice mailbox number are dialed. There does not appear to be a voice command to enter a pause before the #978-yyy-yyyy1234* is entered.

Do any of you know how to enter a voice mail, "pause," "#," "voice mailbox, and password number so that they are dialed when I say "dial name," the system asks me for a name, and I respond "voicemail?"

Thanks,

Dick

*# allows me to flag the voice mail system that I want to access my mailbox.
978-yyy-yyyy is my mailbox number, and
1234 is an example of what a password might be.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:59 AM

SL55
As you are entering the numbers, if command is in phone mode, they appeare on the screen. Can you the enter your# etc from the command key pad ?

Worth a try

Graham.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:54 PM

2001 MB CLK55
My workaround:
[list=1][*]Program my voice mail number, complete with pauses & passwords, into one of the speed dial slots in my handset (V60c in my case)[*]Use the COMAND key pad to speed dial my voice mail (i.e. press and hold 4 (my mobile voice mail) or 5 (my office voice mail))[*]Listen away[/list=1]
I haven't found any way to dial via voice control a number that includes pauses.....
Old 01-17-2003, 03:13 PM

C240 2002
Originally posted by jkelley
My workaround:
[list=1][*]Program my voice mail number, complete with pauses & passwords, into one of the speed dial slots in my handset (V60c in my case)[*]Use the COMAND key pad to speed dial my voice mail (i.e. press and hold 4 (my mobile voice mail) or 5 (my office voice mail))[*]Listen away[/list=1]
I haven't found any way to dial via voice control a number that includes pauses.....
Thanks. I have a Nokia 6310i phone with a European PSE. I don't have COMAND, but have a standard Mercedes head unit (an Audio 10 I think it's called).

With the Nokia phone, I can program a pause by pushing the * key three times. Then all I need to do is plug the phone into the phone cradle and can dial the voice mail from the controls on the steering wheel.

My problem is being able to enter this information using the voice control system, and then dial it by voice. I think it probably can't be done.

Thanks though,

Dick
Old 01-17-2003, 03:14 PM

C240 2002
Originally posted by London Lad
As you are entering the numbers, if command is in phone mode, they appeare on the screen. Can you the enter your# etc from the command key pad ?

Worth a try

Graham.
Thanks. I have a Nokia 6310i phone with a European PSE. I don't have COMAND, but have a standard Mercedes head unit (an Audio 10 I think it's called).

With the Nokia phone, I can program a pause by pushing the * key three times. Then all I need to do is plug the phone into the phone cradle and can dial the voice mail from the controls on the steering wheel.

My problem is being able to enter this information using the voice control system, and then dial it by voice. I think it probably can't be done.

Thanks,

Dick
Old 01-17-2003, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
I remember there being something in the commands for inserting a pause... when you're in the system, try "help dial" because I am pretty sure that's where I heard it.

I can't check my VR manual right now, I only have one and the car is elsewhere.

-s-
Old 01-17-2003, 04:10 PM

C240 2002
Originally posted by scorchie
I remember there being something in the commands for inserting a pause... when you're in the system, try "help dial" because I am pretty sure that's where I heard it.

I can't check my VR manual right now, I only have one and the car is elsewhere.

-s-
Thank you, I'll try it.

Dick

Trending Topics

Old 01-17-2003, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Dick, are you coming to the boston meet/detailing clinic? Check events & gatherings forum.