Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Integrated Phone Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 500 AMG
Integrated Phone Help

Just purchased a 2005 CLK 500 AMG and am trying to figure out if it has the integrated phone capability. There are buttons on the dash, but there is no cradle in the center arm rest (that I can see). It is a physical cradle or something different. I want to be able to use the bluetooth capability on my BlackBerry.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
See post #4 at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...now-if-my.html, but instead of the C-Class, look at the bulletin for the CLK.

The MHI connector plate would be the same between the C and the CLK anyway.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 500 AMG
Thanks for the info. It appears that it is wired (I see a wire harness go through the arm rest area into what appears to be a holder) but there is no HMI connector plate. There is no area that appears to be a punch out, but there are the buttons to indicate service and info. I have not pulled up the carpet in the trunk yet to see what is there as indicated in the phone bulletin. BTW...thanks for your help in this. It is much appreciated!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Matthewlndrs
Thanks for the info. It appears that it is wired (I see a wire harness go through the arm rest area into what appears to be a holder) but there is no HMI connector plate. There is no area that appears to be a punch out, but there are the buttons to indicate service and info. I have not pulled up the carpet in the trunk yet to see what is there as indicated in the phone bulletin. BTW...thanks for your help in this. It is much appreciated!
In that case you do not have the integrated phone system installed. Those buttons inside the console are part of the TeleAid system. You will need a contact plate, MHI module, and Bluetooth puck (or mb phone cradle and and approved phone if you go without blueooth). This is assuming your car is prewired for the phone system (which I believe that model / year is in the US, standard).

Believe it or not, the phone buttons on the radio and steering wheel mean nothing. You get those no matter what.

Last edited by acr2001; 01-22-2009 at 06:29 PM.