Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Euro Comand Installation into a 2000 CLK430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by nellee

I'm gonna bust an American Idol and camp out in front of your house until Paula Abdul, eh I mean Steve gets there.
Originally posted by scorchie
Yes, you'll be coming to my shop! We don't have the plans yet because it depends on how Steve does in LA.

Hmm, we'll keep an eye out for you out front. Try and let the security folks know that you're mostly harmless, they have itchy trigger fingers.

-s-
hey scorchie, nellee is family...and, i know for a fact that he might very well set-up camp in front of your shop waiting. he's been salivating over the COMAND ever since he saw the install in the ML we did at your shop. i'll prob tag along with nellee to watch steve perform the install if it's ok with you.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Euro Comand Installation into a 2000 CLK430

Originally posted by Autostream
How do you get the euro comand to display english?
also, have you used the tv function with a dvd or camera? does the unit have a plug on the back just for that?
1. You choose English,
2. You need the TV Tuner.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by scottb8888
I sent you an e-mail, but no reply.
If I haven't replied your mail yet, I do apologice. I have been travelling and installing a lot last week and haven't spend much time online (hence the reason why I am posting posts at 2.22am) lately...my mailbox is full with unread and unreplied mails, but eventually I will reply every single mail I receive(d).

greetingz,
Old 02-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 S500 Designo Edition
Hi MBenzNL,

I'd like to add the tv-tuner to my S500 2000, could you please tell me what does it take ? Where can I buy the parts ? or Do you offer the service to install it ?

Thanks,

Richard
Old 02-11-2003, 05:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by dragonrt
Where can I buy the parts ? or Do you offer the service to install it ?
I have all the parts...and will test the euro TV tuner in the US to see whether it is compateable with the broadcasting signals here or not...
TV installations might be part of my next US trip as soon as I know whether these tuners are compateable or not.

greetingz,
Old 02-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 S500 Designo Edition
Thanks Nelle. Let me know when it is available. My email address is rhtran@hotmail.com.

Regards,

Richard
Old 02-13-2003, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
yall bay area people. wait ur turn. i beenw aiting for steve for a year to come install my command i get dibbs. werd up
any1 need their car lowered? i can do it
Old 02-14-2003, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Re: Euro Comand Installation into a 2000 CLK430

Originally posted by Safet
First off, before I start, I must thank Steve (email: s_krabbenborg@hotmail.com) for performing this installation. I must also thank David (dwang) for hosting us.

That being said, I just wanted to share with everyone my recent experience in my endeavor to install a Comand navigation system into my baby, my CLK430.

After reading various emails about this guy Steve Krabbenborg from the Netherlands, I decided to contact him and arrange for him to install a Euro Comand system into my CLK upon his next trip to the states. He has per other members accounts installed many other Comand systems, so I decided to give it a go.

Let me tell you: his installation was utmost top-notch! I have seen other people work on cars, yet this guy takes the cake. His work is even 10 times more professional than what I've seen at MB dealerships!

He takes utmost detail in taking care of your car, and does a clean a very, very professional installation. And talk about knowledgeable, he knew not only about COMANDs but all about other MB-related stuff what we talked about while he installed my COMAND.

When all was said and done, I had a Euro COMAND system installed into my CLK. I'll attach before and after pictures below (excuse the dust, )

I just wanted to say I HIGHLY recommend Steve to anyone who is considering installing a COMAND system or other aftermarket parts into their car. If anyone has any questions, they can contact me directly at safet150@yahoo.com.

Did You get Your USA Comand Tour T Shirt!...They are In!
Safet
Old 02-15-2003, 02:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
I have uploaded some pictures of the comand installs I have done in several various MB models during the last couple of weeks and the time I spend in the US last december...

Here are the pages with pictures:

page 1 showing W208 and W209 CLKs

page 2 showing mainly 210s...Note the last 210 (willson) that got an updated instrument cluster and multunctional steering wheel as well

page 3 showing 163s (1 with rear headrests and DVD which is only connected to the comand per AUX audio input) and 202s (of which 1 with updated instrument cluster and multifunctional airbag...not finished at the time of these pictures).

page 4 showing 203s...I also included a picture of the nav screen that is shown in dash after the navigation menu is activated by the MB dealership (convenience feature) and a picture of the added AUX audio input socket.

a picture of my first tourshirt of which I don't know why they came up with that :p THANX though Mark & Dean!!!

The next comand trip is planned in March and will be in the UK...after that I am thinking about a comand trip through the US in June again...anyone interested?

greetingz,

Last edited by MBenzNL; 02-15-2003 at 02:58 AM.