Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

How are y'all securing a sub box in the trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
How are y'all securing a sub box in the trunk?

I've never actually mounted a sub box (an actual physical box) into a vehicle before so I'm wondering how everyone has done this. I need it to be somewhat easily removeable since the box is big enough that I won't be able to get the spare tire cover up if necessary. I haven't really come up with any good ideas on how to do this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to mount the amps upside down on the roof of the trunk (under the rear glass), I just have to be careful of the shade assembly. So there won't be any amps mounted to the box itself.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 CLK 500, 07 GSX-R 750, S 550, 09 Jeep GC
in my clk, the seat fold down. my sub box is fitted right to the rear of the seats. I have a piece of alunimun 1 inch wide 1/8 inch thich and like 14 inches long, with two 90 degree bend on the ends of the piece. So it looks like this

[
[-----------]
]

the front part latches to the back on the cabin where the folding seat locks in and the end piece hooks the top of the box. I don't worry about side to side movement cause the box only has 1/4 of play side to side in the trunk.

if needed i can put a pic up, PM me for that.