Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

OMG..!! Dension Gateway 500 MOST Install in '06 W203 w/CDC help...

Old 06-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
denali
OMG..!! Dension Gateway 500 MOST Install in '06 W203 w/CDC help...

Okay, I am going to attempt this install myself. I have done av and aux installs on other cars (japanese) and have never been so confused by the posts in this forum and especially Dension's tremendously weak installation diagram(s).

This should not take more than ten minutes to do the fiber optic install but I have truly no idea how to do this without some more clarity (pictures would be great)! I have my CDC in the glove compartment so the complications with the trunk CDC are non-existent.

But, could someone who has done this install be more clear as to where I am routing these fiber optic wires?

I have read every post on this forum in regards to this install but there is so much static/confusion whre it should not be...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Old 06-04-2009, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
I tried responding to your PM, but the site had a problem and the response failed to post.

You should be able to use the Dension diagram for MB with CDC; because the CDC is in the glove compartment in the C55, the extra fiber optics leads that Dension supplies should work just fine. There is no need to make F/O changes in the trunk, as I had to.

You can use the F/O loop diagram in the phone bulletin for the '05 W203; it should be the same as for your '06. However, if you follow the Dension instructions (they do take some study to figure out what they're trying to say; their diagrams are tiny, but important) you should not need to make any additional F/O changes. Basically, it's unplug the CDC F/O leads, plug the F/O lead you unplugged from the CDC into the "car" side of the GW 500; then plug the supplied F/O short leads into the CDC and the "CDC" side of the GW 500.

The posts you see are complicated because as they stated, they dealt with cars having a trunk-mounted CDC - that's a different situation altogether.

I don't have pics for a W203 installation - I have owned a '00 S500, and own an '05, and have installed Dension iPod equipment in both - but that's all I have to photograph. If someone would like to give me a McLaren, I'll do an installation in that, and post photos.

I tapped into my COMAND wiring for powering the GW 500, using Radio Shack wire taps. Not the way a purist would do it, but it works just fine.

Last edited by Skylaw; 06-04-2009 at 10:21 AM.