Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Neighborhood Installers and AVIC F90BT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280
Neighborhood Installers and AVIC F90BT

I've called 2 different places that install indash navs along with visiting Boomer today (which is a reputable place in Boston) for these kinds of things. They're telling me that for my vehicle, a C-Class benz (c280), they'd have to rewire the whole car due to the car's stock audio wiring not being able to pair right with the avic. He told me to google avic+mercedes+harness and that "i'd see what he means".

Below is a convo I read on a mercedes owner who had installed avic on youtube...

nbkn5se1 (6 months ago):
Nice work. However, I got a few questions: How did you get around the fiber optics that wired you OEM Bose system? Did you have to rewire the entire car? I have a 04 C230 kompresor and I am unable to hook up the F900 because according Best Buy the whole system will have to be replace including speakers. Any tips or advice of how you got it done?

cno1995 (6 months ago):
With Bose there is no need to re-wire the entire car. I had this professionally installed by All Pro Audio in Santa Clara - guys are awesome. With Bose you will lose your amp (since it is fiber) - so your rear subs will drive directly from the Avic - all other speakers are fine - except the center dash speaker (which is very small) - you will lose it. The sound is way better now with the Avic.

Is what he says, right? Should i bring this in to the guy and tell him that other people have been able to hook up a benz with an avic just fine? What does he mean when he says "your rear subs will drive directly from avic - ?all other speakers are fine? " does this mean that another speaker won't be fine? A bit confused...

The guy from youtube says that he doesn't mind losing the amp and that it actually sounded better with avic along with "all other speakers sounding fine" so this is all I really want from my installers to do.

Please! Your help is greatly appreciated because I cant seem to find an answer for this anywhere and I want to be able to install this soon.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...images-37.html

might want to check out the last 10-12 pages or so... should help you out a lot..