Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

COMAND TV picture not coming through

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
COMAND TV picture not coming through

Hi
Can Richard or any of you guys help with this query?

I have the original merc tv tuner fitted to the Euro COMAND in my w203 c320 (Done at Braybrooks, UK).
The motion sensor has been disabled, so the screen stays on at any speed.
The problem is that the picture only comes on the screen maybe 1 in four times that I start the car. The sound of the tv tuner/ dvd changer always comes through, but the picture doesn't always come through.
I have to switch the car off and restart, sometimes up to four or five times before the picture comes on. When it does come on, I can drive at speed and the picture stays on.

Any thoughts as to why this happens.... its getting a bit annoying.

TIA !

Moser
Old 02-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 (New 2002 Shape)
Hi,

I own a new SL500 with a TV command, at the moment when I start the car the TV picture wont always come on, the screen is just black then goes blue with disable advice when you move off. The sound keeps breaking up. You can then go for a 10 mile journey and when you stop the picture reappears. I phoned the MB dealer they said it was to do with the weather. Any one else experienced this ?

Regards,
Philip
Old 02-23-2003, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
................this is a problem without a current solution until they come up with cable Tv for the car. The screen is blue because the Tv reception is poor. The signal is not strong enought to display a picture. Sometimes if there is too much flicker, this can also happen. In aftermarket systems, you can improve this a bit by using an amplified antenna. Of course MB made the antenna "plug in" in their MB tunner different from the universal one found in aftermarket systems.

Ted