Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W211 Headlight/fog light questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
W211 Headlight/fog light questions

So gents I have a very confusing situation so your help is appreciated.

I have a 2003 e500 sport which iI bought with the Bi_xenon heads and fogs setup stock.

I change the bumper to an e55 and that seems to have the 9006s fogs in the housing. But my plusg are for the H11 (stock). I did buy the pigtail wires from the benz deals to light up the 9006s though.

I want the get the heads and fogs to match plus I want those light to give that depp blue look.

So are the stock heads and fogs that I have all ready HID and I just need bulb replacements or do I need to do this ballast conversion? PLease advise. i greatly appreciate it in advance.

PGN
Old 07-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by narine500
So gents I have a very confusing situation so your help is appreciated.

I have a 2003 e500 sport which iI bought with the Bi_xenon heads and fogs setup stock.

I change the bumper to an e55 and that seems to have the 9006s fogs in the housing. But my plusg are for the H11 (stock). I did buy the pigtail wires from the benz deals to light up the 9006s though.

I want the get the heads and fogs to match plus I want those light to give that depp blue look.

So are the stock heads and fogs that I have all ready HID and I just need bulb replacements or do I need to do this ballast conversion? PLease advise. i greatly appreciate it in advance.

PGN
AFAIK MY03 did not have Bi-xenon. Projector does not mean Bi or regular xenon.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
I guarantee you that I have Bi-Xenon headlamps. I have the original invoice and it is clearly stated on it. The sport package came with Bi_Xenon and the standard did not. Please answer my quesiton and not what you assume. Thanks anyway for your help.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
and you thought I was a problem amdeutsch... at least I show some respect to others...