Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

iPhone/MMI Charging Help issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
iPhone/MMI Charging Help issues?

Does anyone know of an updated MMI cable yet? Brand new R as of last friday but still won't charge iPhone...dealer will replace, but doesn't know with what?

Any help appreciated?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Can't help with the MMI cable, but have you looked at the Skosche charging adapter?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 PM

2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Have the Scosche for the iPod kit in my 07 GL, but it does degrade sound slightly, and i was hoping (against all hope) that there was a new MMI cable available since the dealer is willing to comp it for me.

Thanks for the suggestion-may be the only workable workaround for now
Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C 350 Obsidian Black
Carpersn: Your R has the code 518 (Media Interface / Removable wire in glovebox)? If so there is a cable in the works that will fix the IPhone charging issue. It is currently not available. But will be soon. Part is B6 782 4578 for the M, R, GL's with 518.

If your R has the basic IPod interface (Permanent wire in glove box) then the upgrade wire is available. It is B6 782 4531.

The B6 782 4531 I beleive will also be your remedy for yor '07 GL. The way you can tell is that the non Iphone charging cable has a white connector to the Ipod/Iphone, where the new IPhone/New Generation IPod charging cable (B6 782 4531) has a black connector on it.

Also if you want to upgrade the cable in your
Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Star & Laurel
Carpersn: Your R has the code 518 (Media Interface / Removable wire in glovebox)? If so there is a cable in the works that will fix the IPhone charging issue. It is currently not available. But will be soon. Part is B6 782 4578 for the M, R, GL's with 518.

If your R has the basic IPod interface (Permanent wire in glove box) then the upgrade wire is available. It is B6 782 4531.

The B6 782 4531 I beleive will also be your remedy for yor '07 GL. The way you can tell is that the non Iphone charging cable has a white connector to the Ipod/Iphone, where the new IPhone/New Generation IPod charging cable (B6 782 4531) has a black connector on it.

Also if you want to upgrade the cable in your
Thanks...the R has the media interface/pigtail cable, dealer says they ordered the part and have called to confirm it is in so i will be curious to see if it is in fact the one of which you speak...i am not due to go in until next week due to the holiday but may call tomorrow to check the part number of what they ordered against your listed number. Thanks. As for the GL, i don't think i'm into paying them to remove COMAND and reinstalling the new cable, nor do i count myself as wanting to tackle that type of task. i work hard enough at my real job i have the Scosche adapter, which isn't perfect by any means. I'd love the Dension system to be able to actually use the COMAND system, but again, i just don't think i'm up to the expense at this time of doing that in the GL, which is a 3rd car. Unfortunately, as loaded as the GL is, it sits a lot, and doesn't get as much use as it should.

Thanks again for the info-i'll keep you posted on whether the dealer was able to get me the correct new media interface cable. All for the love of a good woman
Old 09-03-2009, 01:37 PM

C 350 Obsidian Black
Not sure how the cable routing is on a GL, but on a 204 C class it's quite simple. The cable that gets replaced goes from the IPod to the unit under the dash / glove box. With the C you simply just remove the side panel of the dash (simple pop out panel in door jam) then fish the old wire our run the new wire in. The connection to the Ipod unit under the dash is more or less a simple ether net style connector.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:16 PM

2012 ML 350
iPOD & iPhone interface on 2009 and 2010 ML

Picked up 2009 ML350 a month ago. It has the iPOD interface (premium 1)

It would not charge my iPOD nano 8G as was described on MB website and other MB published info. It actually ran down the battery in the iPOD 3-4 times faster than normal.

My dealer was exceptionally helpful, and this forum and others gave me some valuable information that helped resolve the issue.

The 2 wire connector that comes with the ML has to be replaced with Part Number B67824578. (for latest generation IPODS) Apparently this resolves the charging issue with the latest iPhone also.

I have not verified it, but the cable that comes with the ML may just be fine with older generation iPODS. It could have something to do with the voltage that iPODS and iPhones NOW use to charge with.

* The ML Now Charges the Ipod and the Ipod can stay connected and not discharge with car off. Put the new wire in today and checked it this evening.

* If you want the Ipod OFF when the car is off you have to unplug it or it will stay ON in pause mode. I assume with such low voltage it may not result in that much car battery drain. Crazy Stuff!

Anyone have any information on how to get the iPOD to go off and not have to unplug it each time the car is not in use.

Last edited by wheels777; 09-25-2009 at 09:08 PM. Reason: additional information - revised