Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Cannot connect my Sprint Touch Pro phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2009 | 09:41 AM

Cannot connect my Sprint Touch Pro phone

I have a 09 GL450 with built in bluetooth. I cannot connect my Sprint Touch Pro phone with it. It doesn't detect it at all. I turn the bluetooth on the phone and put it in discovery mode. Then I go to phon elist in the car and select Update. My Sprint Lotus phone connects fine. The lady at the dealer claims they have issues with Sprint phones which i think is hogwash. She probably says that to every carrier that the customer is with, just to put the blame on the carrier and not the phone. I am able to connect fine with an 04 s430 with V60 bluetooth puck.

Anyone else have a Sprint Touch Pro that they connect with NTG2.5 successfully?
Old 08-30-2009 | 03:51 PM

more issues...

still can't connect my Touch Pro.

But now getting to play with the LG Lotus, I find out that it can connect but when I make a call, I cannot hear the person and the person cannot hear me. Mic is on. Turned volume up to +2. Should I take this back to dealer?
Old 09-01-2009 | 05:11 PM

Figured it out myself, but here is how for future reference:

Finally figured it out. In the car manual it explains a way to have the phone iniate the pairing instead of the car.

For other MB owners with NTG2.5, go to Phone-->Phone List-->Update--> Options--> External Authorization

Now you can go to your Touch Pro and select Settings-->Bluetooth--> Add Device

All is good now.

As for my LG Lotus, I updated the phone's firmware and now all is good as well.
Old 09-01-2009 | 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
lol@ sprint phones having trouble. HTC phones do not have issues only phones I know to have problems were Treos and LG phones. Not too many dealer employees have knowledge of these the phone systems. Thats why MBUSA paired up with AWS because it would be next to impossible to train all the dealer employees properly as there are too many exceptions and phones and software levels involved.

http://www.wireless4mb.com/