Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

1994 S350 Bose Speaker Hissing sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 S350
1994 S350 Bose Speaker Hissing sound

Hey guys,

I did a search on this and tried to find someone with the same issue, but I didn't find a match. Recently, my drivers door speaker has been making this sort of hissing sound when it first comes on - I thought it was the lumbar deflating the first time I heard it. It would do that for a minute or so and work fine. Now it's not working at all, but it makes this hissing sound continually. It sounds sort of like radio static between stations. The volume doesn't go up and down with the rest of the system - it just makes a steady static sound but no music.

I'm in no position to replace the entire system, so I'm wondering if this is a speaker issue or perhaps an amp issue. As far as I know, everything is stock Bose. Anyone had these symptoms before?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 09-01-2009, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q & R
This is similar to a problem I had in a 1986 Corvette with Bose. I suspect it is amp related. In that car I had a hissing sound coming from the speakers when the system was turned off. It was caused by a stuck amp relay. Each Bose speaker was powered by a separate amp.