Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

iPod Help Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod Help Needed

OK - my wife has itunes on my home laptop. I just bought a new iPod to rip all my CD's to for use in my SL. I finally finished ripping the CDs. I have backed them up on an external drive just in case.

So, now I want to get rid of my wife's old itunes account on the laptop and create a new account for my new ipod. But each time when I try to delete the program from the Add/Delete program menu and then re-loan the new itunes - her account keeps showing up.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I even need to worry about her account? Or, should I just pug in the new ipod...????

Any help would be appreciated

D-
Old 10-31-2009, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
I am really not clear on what you want to accomplish, from your question.

If she will no longer use iTunes, Go to the iTunes Store (through iTunes), then go to My Account, and change the account information (ID, billing, etc) from hers to yours. Otherwise, open a new account with your information.

The help file is useful, if you know just what you want to do; reading about how to "deauthorize" a computer might help - but beware of what you could lose.

Last edited by Skylaw; 10-31-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks - I was trying to set up the new iPod basically for use for all my CD's without picking up all of the random songs from her account - I sort of figured it out - what a pain in the butt
Old 11-01-2009, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
If you use a Mac there is a neat application called iTunes Library Manager that lets you switch between multiple independent iTunes libraries easily.

The Mac version of iTunes also lets you create and switch between multiple libraries. The steps: 1) If iTunes is open, quit. 2) Hold the Option key while opening iTunes. 3) In the dialog box that appears, select either :create a new library" or if you already have multiple libraries, select "Choose Library."

You can name your libraries whatever you like.

If you have the Windows version of iTunes, search the Help file for "multiple libraries." You probably use different keystrokes (you don't have an Option key) but I'll bet you can get there easily enough.