Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand upgrade options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S 430
Comand upgrade options

Greetings,
I recently purchased a 2006 S 420 in Dallas, TX. I have a Comand head unit with Nav.

I am looking to get some advise in terms of what are my options regarding adding the following (in order of desire):

1) Sirius
2) iPod connection
3) Bluetooth (phone, not BTA)

I got a quote for PART ONLY of $1990 (!) from the MB dealer for the Sirius, and at that point realized I'd need to look to after-market.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, if ANYONE knows of a car audio firm in the Dallas/North Texas area that has actually worked on doing any of the above that would be fantastic!

ed <dot> schreibman <at> gmail.com
Old 11-10-2009, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C55 AMG, 2010 Genesis Coupe
Originally Posted by schreibman
Greetings,
I recently purchased a 2006 S 420 in Dallas, TX. I have a Comand head unit with Nav.

I am looking to get some advise in terms of what are my options regarding adding the following (in order of desire):

1) Sirius
2) iPod connection
3) Bluetooth (phone, not BTA)

I got a quote for PART ONLY of $1990 (!) from the MB dealer for the Sirius, and at that point realized I'd need to look to after-market.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, if ANYONE knows of a car audio firm in the Dallas/North Texas area that has actually worked on doing any of the above that would be fantastic!

ed <dot> schreibman <at> gmail.com
I just purchased the Mobridge for the bluetooth and Ipod as well as the sirrus but then I found out you can get xw instead from mobridge so that is what I ended up getting I am installing it all this weekend as well a remote display for the Valentine and 2x8" subs in the trunk with an alpine amp(I like music not thump)
I have a friend with a similar setup and it works great.
I wuld go in that direction as it is much more cost effective and retains all your controls in the car.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you determine if your car is prewired for satellite radio? If so, its a fairly cheap install.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I hate to say this, but i think they worked all the bugs out on one of my vehicles, navtv has a unit that doesn't need prewire or programming
Old 11-11-2009, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
also

Louis Gonzales

Bay Area Audio Visions
Corpus Christi, TX

he has done a few MB's