Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Curious about Sirius

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Curious about Sirius

Hey all,

I'm leasing a 2008 C300 and finally noticed i have access to Sirius satellite. I thought the car just came equipped with the service, but that you had to subscribe to it. However, I noticed that I have around 20 or so stations in full function. Is this standard? Will the Sirius subscription end after a number of hours listening to it? Or as a Benz owner am I guaranteed access to a few choice stations as part of my owning the car?

Curious to know--I like the Sirius satellite radio, but don't see the point in subscribing to it since I have the iPod hookup in my car and mp3 CD capabilities.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Check your CC. When you first get the car you get the service free for months. But the stealer took your CC info. Therefore if you don't cancel after the freebie they might have just billed you.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:20 PM

C300
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Check your CC. When you first get the car you get the service free for months. But the stealer took your CC info. Therefore if you don't cancel after the freebie they might have just billed you.
I'm sorry, the stealer?

Does anyone have a more precise answer? There's a toll free number that comes up on my COMAND system display screen that tells me to call if I want to subscribe.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by eeeflopc
Hey all,

I'm leasing a 2008 C300 and finally noticed i have access to Sirius satellite. I thought the car just came equipped with the service, but that you had to subscribe to it. However, I noticed that I have around 20 or so stations in full function. Is this standard? Will the Sirius subscription end after a number of hours listening to it? Or as a Benz owner am I guaranteed access to a few choice stations as part of my owning the car?

Curious to know--I like the Sirius satellite radio, but don't see the point in subscribing to it since I have the iPod hookup in my car and mp3 CD capabilities.
I'm sorry, the stealer?

Does anyone have a more precise answer? There's a toll free number that comes up on my COMAND system display screen that tells me to call if I want to subscribe.
Yes, the stealer. Some will take your CC while they have someone on the phone with Sirius activating your free subscription. They pass that info on and if you don't cancel after your freebie you'll get charged.

Your 2 posts on the subject are contrary to each other; either you have it or you don't. A number doesn't show up if you have it.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:12 PM

C300
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Yes, the stealer. Some will take your CC while they have someone on the phone with Sirius activating your free subscription. They pass that info on and if you don't cancel after your freebie you'll get charged.

Your 2 posts on the subject are contrary to each other; either you have it or you don't. A number doesn't show up if you have it.

I do have the preview. I can access a few stations, but not all 180 or however many stations Sirius has. I'm just curious if those few stations are part of the preview and if they will stop working after a number of hours. I never gave anyone my credit card number that was calling on behalf of Sirius...

Old 11-23-2009, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I'm sorry, the stealer?

Does anyone have a more precise answer?

Pay no attention to him, you'd think his professionalism would be more noticeable seeing he is a moderator. Also disseminate fact vs myth as a lot of people come here for answers and having mod status, goes a long way

Anyways, a lot of the newer vehicles are showing up that way. usually 1-2 stations of a category are already activated. you will need to pay to have the full service. And NO, the dealership did not use your credit card to activate only 20 stations...
Old 11-25-2009, 05:11 PM

C300
Originally Posted by jbondox
Pay no attention to him, you'd think his professionalism would be more noticeable seeing he is a moderator. Also disseminate fact vs myth as a lot of people come here for answers and having mod status, goes a long way

Anyways, a lot of the newer vehicles are showing up that way. usually 1-2 stations of a category are already activated. you will need to pay to have the full service. And NO, the dealership did not use your credit card to activate only 20 stations...

Thank you so much I am a commuter and am glad I have another option for music. (Yes...I'm commuting in a Leased car--it's only temporary!)