Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Help!Terrible problems of NTG4 Comand in my w204 C300(c280)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300 w204
Exclamation Help!Terrible problems of NTG4 Comand in my w204 C300(c280)

I bought a W204 C 300 with NTG4 Comand, made in China. The factory deactivated the navi system. But the navi sys is always in the HDD, just be concealed. I reactivate the navi sys through the egineering menu of NTG4 Comand.
Here come two problems:

1. The car can not recieve the satellite signal. Shown as the photo.
The displayed latitude and longitude are totally wrong!

I ran the Circuit Check in Egineering Menu.It shows 'GPS antenna NG', error code 00000100.

What does the code '00000100' mean? Any suggestion about this? I think maybe there is no GPS antenna installed in my car at all? How can I check it? Where is the antenna, in the roof antenna? How the antenna connect to the comand unit head? Which cable or fakra?

Here are more photos from my comand.

2. There is only a euro map, no China Map. I'm thinking that if I can put a China Map, copied from New E-class with NTG4, which have a usable navi in China, into the HDD of mine to make it work? Someone seem to have attempted that, but failed. Should I copy or clone the HDD? Maybe there is a identification code in NTG4, that different car with NTG4 can not share one HDD?

I really need some help...
And your help would do many w204 C class and GLK class owners in China a big favour . It's not fair that we pay for the same NTG4 Comand but can't enjoy the Navi~~~~~~ Thanks! Best regards~~~~~~
Old 01-20-2015, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E220CDI
Hello, Im new in here. Awsome site!!!
I have the same problem with my ntg4. Anyone knows what to do?
I have tried with 2 Different GPS, but no signal.
Maybe i have to connect to the GPS on the roof, same as connected to Dashboard navi?