Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Reus Audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SL600
Reus Audio

Has anyone else had trouble getting Rick Reus to do an install. I have been trying to get him to re-install a system into my SL600 under his upgrade program but keep encountering delays. He has my system from my E63 that I sold but so far I've been waiting for a year. I'm in NY and wonder if anyone else in the area had an install done recently. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Now that is some customer service right there...

reason 3,215 not to do a reus system
Old 12-13-2009, 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by pablo4.2
Has anyone else had trouble getting Rick Reus to do an install. I have been trying to get him to re-install a system into my SL600 under his upgrade program but keep encountering delays. He has my system from my E63 that I sold but so far I've been waiting for a year. I'm in NY and wonder if anyone else in the area had an install done recently. Thanks.
I once toyed with the idea of a complete Reus install but decided against it when I realized it is a W Coast based company.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C55 AMG, 2010 Genesis Coupe
Originally Posted by jbondox
Now that is some customer service right there...

reason 3,215 not to do a reus system

Jbondox, you have to be the single most negative person I have read on this forum.(I partially understand as you live in Cleveland) I have heard cars with a Reus system in them and they sound excellent. That aside I have also heard other systems that are well executed and sound excellent also, I realize that Reus isnt the end of the world but it is a good system integration of the factory components.

They are a small company and probably cannot react to the east coast customers as effiecently as some of the east coast shops. I am not taking up for them, I understand it as I have a friend in Jacksonville Florida that is stressed beyond the shops abilities right now.

I see that you are into or work in the recording area, and I agree with some of your choices for speakers and such(Hertz for example) and I also agree that your assault on PineBarons install was somewhat justified as it was a little amateurish but, cut a guy a little slack. I have been working in the audio and now medical electronics field for 33yrs and we were all hacks at some time untill we learned the ways of the force.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
go to overdrive audio and see bill freeman in Jax. good friend of mine, great shop...

sorry bout the negativity... I see people hacking stuff up and I lose it...
Old 12-13-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C55 AMG, 2010 Genesis Coupe
I live in NC now and have a great shop to deal with if I cannot do it myself. It is 919 Motoring. The guy is very very good and understands the car as well as the person who buys german cars.
The shop I worked at in college no longer does car audio, they are pure Hi-end with a small amount of mid-fi, It is House of Stero and they have been in business for over50yrs. They have carried at 1 time or another every major high end line their is except maybe Goldmund. When I was there we carried kef, quad, conrad johnson, hartley,threshold,infinity(when it meant something) luxman,kenwood purist, linn sondek,sumiko,grado, gas,sumo and audio research, and denon as well as bang and olufsen.
My personal system for years was the old quads with a custome subwoofer and decca ribbons, Threshold 400a on the subs, van alstine amps on the quads and deccas. I was mainly a vynil guy so I had a linn table with a denon tonearma and a sumiko catridge, I had a audio research sp6 for the preamp and the sound was magic. I was fresh out of high school and that was where I learned the difference between music and noise. That system served me well until my daughter was born. I have sold all my old stuff as my new house doesnt work with it and I am revamping my system.
A car can never get as good as a home system. but it can be very good for what it is. Small shops are the heart of the audio industry and the big chains are what ruins it. Whether car or home, when mfg's start to see the big dollars and go to the chains they dilute their product. Quality goes down and problems arise. I dont believe any company that uses best buys or these large internet retailers are doing themselve a service or doing the public a service either. I wont buy product from big chains or over the net because I dont have a relationship with that person. I pay more but that is ok, if I have problems then I have a source to assist me in resolving the issue.

I hate seeing hack jobs also, but I also realize they arent my cars and I didnt do the work. Now if I see a hack job from a local store I will tell the person the problems and if they choose to continue with the suggeastion that is up to them. I have seen plent of them from circuit city and best buys. There are a couple of local shops that are full of idiots but there are 2 that have it together, I use the 1 I mentioned at the top.

Take care.