Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Euro Command Question (Bluetooth)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Euro Command Question (Bluetooth)

Hi All,

I'm in a little bit of a pickle here.. I purchased a Euro Command approx 5 months ago. I'm currently living in Canada, and I had already purchased and installed SAP v2 in my s55 previously for my North American Command. Everything worked fine with my old Navi (DVD WideScreen)

One problem I was wondering was whether or not anybody in North America was able to get a US SAPv2 to work on a Euro Navi in North America. I can't seem to get it to work.

I could PAIR the phones no problem, but on the bottom screen of navi it saids "Reading Sim...". It does recognize on the navi that the phone is paired, so does my Blackberry 9000. But when I dial out or pickup calls, nothing comes through in car audio. When I attempt to make calls through the Navi it "mutes" everything and this message comes up. "Emergency Call only Dial (122) for help".

Do you have any idea why this is happening? It is troubling me, I have already updated the softwares of both the module and navi with Star Diag to make sure it works. But still no progress.

If you have any input it'd be great!

Thanks for your help!

Happy New Year!

Shango
Old 01-06-2010, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 246 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
So you are using a Blackberry? The Blackberry BT SAP implementation does not seem to be compatible with the MB (Peiker) BT SAP V2 implementation. Owners have been successful with the Blackberry device and the Nokia after market N616 BT SAP kit, and now the new V3 BT SAP adapter is supposed to support Blackberry phones too (I cannot see why RIM did not fix their implementation to be compatible with the V2 adapter, irrespectively if there is a bug in the Peiker implementation because obviously other brands can support both).

But my question is where did you find a US BT SAP "version anything" adapter? I've never heard of a US (Canadian) BT SAP adapter. Can you give MB part numbers?

The problem with the Euro adapter you would have is that this device is a dual band 900/1800 MHz GSM phone while you would need an 850/1900 device in NA.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
I was afraid that the Euro Navi would be conflicting with my bluetooth adapter because of the GSM or what not.

In regards to the SAPv2, the dealer got it for me. The new S-classes are equipped with the same one. Also, As I paired my phone to the Navi it DOES recognize it as *Blackberry 9000*. So I don't think the phone "model" is the issue here.

I am leaning towards the issue regarding GSM/Broadband... And the fact that the Euro Navi is searching for different mobile signal in comparison to a North American one would... This is really frustrating because I really want to sort this out without spending any more mooolaaa

But I also have a feeling I maybe mistaking between SAPv2 and the USA HFP adapter! Because appearance wise they look similar. If it IS the USA HFP Adapter, are there an solutions out there?

My Adapter looks exactly like this :

Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 246 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
I was afraid that the Euro Navi would be conflicting with my bluetooth adapter because of the GSM or what not.

In regards to the SAPv2, the dealer got it for me. The new S-classes are equipped with the same one. Also, As I paired my phone to the Navi it DOES recognize it as *Blackberry 9000*. So I don't think the phone "model" is the issue here.

I am leaning towards the issue regarding GSM/Broadband... And the fact that the Euro Navi is searching for different mobile signal in comparison to a North American one would... This is really frustrating because I really want to sort this out without spending any more mooolaaa

But I also have a feeling I maybe mistaking between SAPv2 and the USA HFP adapter! Because appearance wise they look similar. If it IS the USA HFP Adapter, are there an solutions out there?

My Adapter looks exactly like this :

Comand would not know anything really about the cellular network protocol. It would work with a system that is not known today as long as the phone in the cradle or the phone connected via BT knows this protocol (the cell phone antenna frequency band support is one restriction, but even that one does not know the protocol).

The European BT SAP adapter (without a privacy handset) looks like this, the same as the US BT HF adapter. Part numbers are unique, would be nice if you could read the MB part number from this device and post it.

I'm not familiar with the compatibility the Euro Comand and the US phone control unit and the US phone control unit compatibility with US BT adapters, some info from Richard here:
http://www.mercupgrades.com/

I'm guessing your adapter is a BT HF device but the Euro Comand would need a Euro phone control unit but this is just a guess without any previous knowledge to refer to.