Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

subwoofwer Q from new 2010 ML-350 member

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml350
subwoofwer Q from new 2010 ML-350 member

i just got my first mercedes about a month ago. i did not get the harman kardon system upgrade because the dealer in baton rouge told me that there is no difference between the standard system and the upgraded system. they did not have one on the lot-this might be why he told me this. anyway, even though the system in it sounds acceptable to me, i do like my music loud. Because of this, i am kind of afraid that i might need a separate subwoofer to take the bass. I generally like to listen to new country, 80's rock, some new pop, even some classical, but most definitely never rap.

I cannot find any information on the stereo or the speaker placement in the vehicle much less which kinds of speakers are installed. Is there a subwoofer in there already? should i be concerned at all? If its possible to add a subwoofer, what should i ask the stereo store/installer for? do i need an amp too?

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i am loving my new benz! coming from a big-*ss lincoln navigator, this is "hugging the roads" and making me feel like i'm in my 20's again. I have been acting like a "punk". Picture this-a 45 year old mother of two grown kids! no more ball parks and dance studios for me!