Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

My phone now works!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm driving a 2003 CL600 - love it.
My phone now works!!

I want to thank Da Nag and Skylaw for steering me to get my phone working. I have an 03 CL600 that came with a Moto V60c that Verizon would not touch because of the 911 issues.

The solution was to activate the phone using PagePlus, a TDMA service that does not need 911 to activate. They use the Verizon network anyway, so it is like using Verizon but cheaper. They also have prepaid plans that work well.

So now I use Google Voice to forward all my calls to the car when I am in it. Seamless as far as the people on the other side can see. The only issue is that when I originate a call from the car they will see the number that PagePlus issued me.

By the way, it took about 3 minutes to get a new number with them. They asked me for the serial number and the town I lived in. Then they game me my new number in the spot, and I logged onto their web site to add a few bucks to my new account. The new number comes with one free minute so you can test the line.

I wish dealing with Verizon were that easy.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
great idea, never thought of that!