Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Question on S class sound system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on S class sound system

I have a question about the S Class sound system, how is it the bass, sound quality, loudness etc. Also is their a difference between the S class models in the sounds system I didn't think there was but wanted to get somone elses knowledge!

Thanks
Old 01-31-2002, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,

I had my S class system changed out with MB Quart cabin speakers and 2 12" Eclipse subs in the rear ported through the deck.

The stock system on all S classes is the same. The center channel speaker (on the dash) is basically useless. The stock sub is _okay_. The main problem with the system is that the bass does not increase linear with the volume. You really have to turn up the volume to hear the bass. The stock bose cabin speakers are pretty good compared to the MB Quart. I'm no audiophile, but the difference at regular volumes is minimal. At higher volumes, I had to turn down the treble on the MB Quart because they were too "bright"

If you want to save money, keep the stock bose speakers, upgrade the amp powering the cabin speakers, and get some subs.

Here are pictures of my car and my setup

http://gallery.mbnz.org/gallery/show...e=W220_S_Class