Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Help Please - Tele-Aide muting radio / sounding alarm inside car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 320
Help Please - Tele-Aide muting radio / sounding alarm inside car

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Every 10 minutes or so I have a hi-lo alarm tone sounding from the Tele-Aide speakers in the passenger door panel. If the audio system is on I get a "muted" message on the audio panel and the loud hi-lo tone sound - lasts for approx. 1 minute and resets. The "i" light in the center armrest for the Tele-aide systems is flashing as well. The problem continues even after removing the key from the ignition. I have no malfunctions indicated on dash. I checked to ensure the "i" button is not depressed or stuck - doesn't seem to be the case. Is there any way to reset the Tele-aide system or fix this issue??
Old 03-20-2010, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Your Tele-Aid system is analog and is no longer functional; the FCC reallocated the use of the frequency spectrum, so no analog cell phone system (which Tele-Aid is) works in the U.S.

The problem you describe sounds like one of the tele-Aid buttons was accidentally pressed, and it is trying to make a call - but there is no carrier, and no service. The Hi-Lo noise is probably somewhat like the telephone network's feedback for problems with a call.

I don't know if this will help - but next time it happens, try using the end call feature of your audio system - either on the control panel or your steering wheel. If that cures it, you're OK.

However, if the end call trick doesn't work the solution is either 1) to upgrade your Tele-Aid equipment to digital; or 2) have the dealer use STAR to take Tele-Aid out of your fiber optic loop (disable Tele-Aid). The second course is much less expensive.

Please let us know how this works out.

Last edited by Skylaw; 03-20-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 320
Problem resolved

Dealer took the tele-aide system out of the fiber optic loop. One hour service charge plus couple bucks for new connector piece.

This has resolved the problem with no further issues
Old 04-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Something isn't right here. The stealer should've been able to go into DAS and just set the teleaid to "not present". No way should there have been parts involved.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Something isn't right here. The stealer should've been able to go into DAS and just set the teleaid to "not present". No way should there have been parts involved.
Wow no respect for anyone including the dealerships? great mod you are... but when there is a real problem, let me guess... you recommend a "stealership" ???

Obviously you aren't up on your MB stealership practices or MBUSA updates either, for almost a year now, they took away control of the Tech to change parameters via the SDS, and everything is done online now via requests over SDNET...