Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

MP3 CD Questions/Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Affalterbach to Zuffenhausen
MP3 CD Questions/Problems

I've done much searching but have not had my questions answered completely so was hoping to have some light shed on the topics. I'll try to be as detailed as possible so that for future reference these questions won't have to be answered again.

I've burned an MP3 CD using iTunes, most of the songs quality of 320. Keeping size under 700MB. Once putting it into the COMAND (single disc) slot, it loads up, slowly. Then the song switching is also very slow, some songs it does not play at all. Sometimes it locks up. I've used this CD in the loaner I got (2010 w204 c300 w/ Audio50) and there absolutely NO problems. I currently have an 06 SLK55 with COMAND and I'm in the process of acquiring the upgrade disc.

My questions is as follows, are there particular requirements that I'm not meeting for burning this CD? (I don't want to try a DVD yet as I assume it'll take even longer to load). I'm hoping that the update will fix this but until then, I want to try everything possible to get this working flawlessly.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
Does it play a commercially made music CD? If so, the problem may be the brand of blank CD you are using or the software you burn with. CD and DVD players can be a little fussy although there are supposed to be standards.

Good luck.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:36 PM

Now a 2007 E350 4matic
couple things you might try.
when you burn the CD, burn it at the slowest speed your software will allow.
have you tried a different burning program? I've used Nero, and burn the CD as a Data disc.

are all your songs in one folder? If you break them into different folders (albums), the software is only loading one folder at a time, in mine, it loads quicker.

I also burn mine at 192 instead of 320... with the roadnoise, I don't notice a discernable difference in the sound, I can get more on the disc, and it may affect the loading time, since there's less info being read.

I did burn DVD's with multiple folders.. think I got around 1100 on a DVD.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:47 AM

From Affalterbach to Zuffenhausen
Just wanted to update, I've gotten a solution, just installed the software update disc and all problems fixed!

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by dgrig
Just wanted to update, I've gotten a solution, just installed the software update disc and all problems fixed!

Thanks for taking the time to give a followup. That's really important when someone finds this via the search feature.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:54 PM

C55
Originally Posted by dgrig

Just curious. Did you have any problems with the command on the 05 c55? Did it need an update disc as well?