Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sirius Mostly Music package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4MATIC w/ P2 and panoramic
Sirius Mostly Music package

Just thought I'd pass along what I learned getting the Mostly Music package activated on my 2007 E550 (W211). The standard activation process will not work. Also, doing the whole circus act of opening the door, getting out of the car and then trying activation again will not work. At that point, the Sirius rep will likely tell you to go to the dealer.

You don't have to go to the dealer. The 3rd person I talked to at Sirius knew what to do. For Mercedes radio units, the radio 1st has to be activated on the Everything plan. Then after that works, the Sirius person can change you to the Mostly Music plan. You also need to switch between the SAT and AUDIO function between each step. So, 1st he had me confirm the whole system was working by switching to FM and hearing the music. Then he had me switch back to SAT and confirm the No Subscription message. Then he sent out an activation signal for the Everything package. Then we switched back to FM. Then back to SAT. Then he switched me to the Mostly Music package and confirmed the channels were there.

Evidently, its not in the standard manual they give their "tech support". They have them just try the door thing and then send you to the dealer, who won't know what to do either.

Good luck.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
18 Titan XD 13 Cayenne TT 13 BMW HP4
I think that's the problem I'm having with my SL... Will try again with them today to see if this fixes it. I'm sure it will since they've had me try just about everything else and the previous owner of my car had it set up in there, working no problem.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
18 Titan XD 13 Cayenne TT 13 BMW HP4
OK I'm happy to report that this was the case for me as well in my SL65. I had to tell the third rep how to get past this issue. It took some persuading, but they came through in the end.