Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

WARNING : Thief of bluetooth module.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
WARNING : Thief of bluetooth module.

WARNING : Thief of bluetooth module : my cousin brought her car to the car hand wash (SoCal, OC), on the way home, her car's phone does not work (07E350), she call me without her car phone connection, I told her to stop by my house, I checked out her car, there is NO BLUETOOTH module in her car (I installed it for her), she said that her husband called while she is in the car, prior to drop in for the car wash. We return to the car wash, talk to the manager, after talk to his people, he said NOBOBY take it, he can not do anything about it (that within 30-45 minutes). We call the police to report (the police NOT even come out, just give us a case #). Her insurance is $300.00 deductible so she decide not to call the insurance, will buy another replacement. So member : check out everything (bluetooth module, CD or DVD Navi disk, hand held NAVI if you so have...) be sure all are in place before leaving the site (car wash or dealer). Lesson learned !!!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Your advice on prevention is good. However, your cousin may wish to consider suing in small claims court, just to make the point.

Car wash owners love to post signs saying "not responsible for..." - but depending on state law, that sign may be worthless. Liability will depend on the state law regarding bailment - whether one was created when the car and its keys were turned over to the wash attendant - and the level of care owed under the bailment. There is a very quick primer at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailment and a local law library will have much more. The California website for small claims matters is at http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp...aims/scqna.htm

Last edited by Skylaw; 06-25-2010 at 09:08 AM.