Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Third Party Component Speakers for W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C300 Sport
Cool Third Party Component Speakers for W204

Has anyone changed the front original speakers for a 2009 C300 with a full set of after market component speakers that fit perfectly? If yes what did you do with the crossover module for the third party component speakers? Since the original speakers are components they probably have a crossover module somewhere in the system factory installed. is it necessary to install the crossover from the third party component speakers? Can I properly run the third party component speakers using the factory installed crossover module?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
the aftermarket components... if a decent set have a matched crossover for the speaker. depending on the crossovers, manufacturer, or speakers,... some passive crossovers come with a contour network, time alignment, notch filters, and a cutoff frequency to properly blend the speakers... so use the passives that come with the speakers as they are the key to the speaker sounding good. You can mount them inside the door panel
Old 07-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C300 Sport
That's what I thought so thanks for confirming. Since the fronts are components do I need to find and remove the factory crossover? If yes do you know where it is located? On another thread someone referred to the factory speakers being connected to a "filter" in the door, is this another teminology for the crossover?