Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2004 S430 Sirius Antenna Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e55 AMG - 2004 S430 4Matic
2004 S430 Sirius Antenna Problem

In reading the guidance and suggestions in these forums, I bought a Sirius Radio and Antenna for my vehicle. I decided to do this install in phases in order to ensure all is working as I went along.

First, I installed the unit. It was not that difficult. When I finished, I turned on the car and everything sync'd up ok. All the other devices worked (Nav-Radio-CD). When I pressed the Sat button it gave me the "Searching for signal" screen. I pressed info and I got the ISN #.

I then installed the antenna. There were two antenna leads prewired (White and Blue). The radio only has one antenna input (Blue in Color). The blue was the only connector that fit into the radio. So it was blue-blue.

Under the trunk panel, there are two connectors. Each fit in its own connection into the antenna. I did not drill into my trunk. The wires were long enough for me to have the antenna rest on the trunk.

When I started the car, all worked ok as before, but the unit will not stop "Searching for Signal". After about 20 minutes, I moved the car to the street with a more open sky view. Same results.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cables with no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim
Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 181 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
You need the 2->1 adapter for the antenna cable for starters. Radio shops have them.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e55 AMG - 2004 S430 4Matic
Thanks for you reply,

I have been searching the forums for a solution. I read where you would need a splicer for options where the antenna has one cable output and the rcvr has two inputs, but not the other way around.

Would you happen to have a link or a pic of what I may need?

I would need a Fakra type interface on both sides, correct?

When you say radio shops, do you mean like radio Shack?