Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mobridge bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:36 PM
EWT

Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts
11 ML550, 95 Supra TT, 14 Audi S4
Mobridge bluetooth issues

I've got a Mobridge A2010 in my 08 GL550 and have issues with the phone book feature. It worked with the installer's phone on the initial install, but it has never worked (doesn't download) with my iphone 3GS (with 3.1.2 OS), my mother in law's 3G and now all the phones at the installers. Mobridge sent out a replacement unit, and it also does not download the phone book with mine or anybody else's phone. Mobridge thinks that it could be a programming issue with the factory head unit not allowing the phonebook to download. I did have some programming done on the car at the dealer for a hitch install after the unit was installed, so it is a plausible explanation.

Does anybody know if there a phonebook on/off setting that the dealer can change on the head unit? If so, what are the specifics on the setting and or the name? I have a feeling I'm just going to get a blank look and the mobridge unit will be blamed when I bring it into the dealer.

Thanks!

Eric
Old 09-14-2010, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 e320 cdi
Originally Posted by EWT
I've got a Mobridge A2010 in my 08 GL550 and have issues with the phone book feature. It worked with the installer's phone on the initial install, but it has never worked (doesn't download) with my iphone 3GS (with 3.1.2 OS), my mother in law's 3G and now all the phones at the installers. Mobridge sent out a replacement unit, and it also does not download the phone book with mine or anybody else's phone. Mobridge thinks that it could be a programming issue with the factory head unit not allowing the phonebook to download. I did have some programming done on the car at the dealer for a hitch install after the unit was installed, so it is a plausible explanation.

Does anybody know if there a phonebook on/off setting that the dealer can change on the head unit? If so, what are the specifics on the setting and or the name? I have a feeling I'm just going to get a blank look and the mobridge unit will be blamed when I bring it into the dealer.
I remember the very first time I made the connection, the phone prompted me to press a button to allow the download to progress. If you have not seen the prompt, the phone maybe the one that's blocking the download.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 e350
Angry mobridge problems

I have the mobridge with BT/ipod installed in my 08 E350. The ipod connection works great. The phone connects and I do see the phonebook from my 3gs with 4.1 OS but the BT connection drops regularly and the command unit thinks the call is still continuing. When trying the streaming it plays the music for about 2 minutes and then drops. I wonder if they have purchase a bad batch of BT components. Not impressed with thier product or support

Last edited by gsaghai; 09-18-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: clarify
Old 09-20-2010, 06:19 PM
EWT

Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts
11 ML550, 95 Supra TT, 14 Audi S4
I haven't been that impressed with mine either. A2DP is hit or miss. Sometimes it works well, and other times it drops out constantly. Some other issues for me:

1. Very slow and clunky interface. Probably a function of the device imitating a CD changer to interface with the head unit. It is so bad that I rarely control things via the command screen, which is the primary reason I got it.

2. Even if I was playing something on the device previously, it defaults to the alphabetically first song on my iphone when it is plugged in, so I have to go through and find what I wanted to play again.

3. If the device is connected via the dock connector, it will only play audio from the ipod app. If I try to use Slacker or Pandora, it will play music from them for a short period, then start up the ipod app and play the first alphabetical song. It will work with A2DP or the Aux cable, but that's annoying.

The best feature for me is that it comes with an ipod cable long enough to reach the center console, which is a more convenient spot than the glove compartment to keep my phone since I'm back to controlling everything via the phone. Having a 3.5mm aux cable input is nice as well so I can connect any audio source to the system. Overall though, I'm not very happy with the device.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:18 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How old are your units guys? Sounds like you need firmware updates for the mobridge unit. Can be done with a sd card or with a special cable threw the MO iPod cable
Old 10-08-2010, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
as good as a piece that mobridge is, i still think the navtv is better. especially with the new parrot software upgrade. good luck and let us know what the issue is if you get it resolved