Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Low Volt on jl amp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 K Coupe (05)
Low Volt on jl amp

Hi guys,

I have a 12w7 sub and a 1000/1 jl amp and this combo (along with AVIC Z110BT) is awesome! But just a few days ago, the sub stopped working and when I went to go see what was going on, I saw the Low Volt light was lit up. I checked all the connections and they all seem good. Also the fuse seems intact. Could you guys please shed some light as to what might be the cause of the Low Volt and possibly provide me with a solution

Thanks.

G

Last edited by hieracity; 09-14-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
Originally Posted by hieracity
Hi guys,

I have a 12w7 sub and a 1000/1 jl amp and this combo (along with AVIC Z110BT) is awesome! But just a few days ago, the sub stopped working and when I went to go see what was going on, I saw the Low Volt light was lit up. I checked all the connections and they all seem good. Also the fuse seems intact. Could you guys please shed some light as to what might be the cause of the Low Volt and possibly provide me with a solution

Thanks.

G
what size gauge is your power wire? sometimes a small gauge wire wont provide enough power to the amp. Also make sure all the lines are covered and not grounding out anywhere or maybe are cut. I would just start from the battery, making sure its one good and work my way back to the amp following all the wiring and checking it all out. Also are all the fuses on the amp ok?
Old 09-15-2010, 03:53 AM

C230 K Coupe (05)
Originally Posted by phister
what size gauge is your power wire? sometimes a small gauge wire wont provide enough power to the amp. Also make sure all the lines are covered and not grounding out anywhere or maybe are cut. I would just start from the battery, making sure its one good and work my way back to the amp following all the wiring and checking it all out. Also are all the fuses on the amp ok?
I'm running 4 gauge wire.

The system was running great for a month or two and then a few days ago while I was driving, I raised the bass and volume level a little bit higher (I have gone higher before) and silence; the sub went out. And the light for "low volt" on the amp has been there ever since.

I have a feeling that the battery might be reaching it's end. I had gone to the dealer a while back and they had said that I should replace te battery soon. I didnt have the system back then. How would I check if battery is really the cause?

Also, how do I check the fuse on the amp itself? I checked the power fuse and that seems intact.

Thanks for ur response and help!

Last edited by hieracity; 09-15-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:07 AM

C230 K Coupe (05)
Fixed =)

Just found another spot to ground the wire. Did the trick.