Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Clock and Navigation issues/questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 S55
Question Clock and Navigation issues/questions

I have an 02 S55. I'm guessing that the Command system needs an update, because I fight with the system to set the clock. It's apparent that it thinks the boundaries for DST and Standard time are what they were in 2002. When it's time to "spring forward", I have to change the timezone to Eastern to force the clock to the right hour. Then, once the jump forward date the car thinks is right has passed, I can set it back to Central time. Once again, when the car thinks it's time to "fall back", I have to choose Eastern time zone again until the calendar fall back date occurs.

For example, DST started March 14. Clock didn't move, so I chose Eastern Time to make the clock move forward 1 hour. On April 7 (the DST spring forward date from 2002), the clock moved forward one hour, so I changed the time zone to Central to put the clock right. On October 27, the clock moved back one hour (the DST fall back date from 2002), so I once again chose Eastern time zone to get the time right. Then, on November 7, I was able to move the time zone back to Central time.

Is there an update CD or something available?

The second issue may be related to the first. I just recently started using the Navigation system (car didn't come with any CD's). Its route mapping is spot on - it knows when I should turn and where, and the "prepare to turn left/right in X feet" notices seem accurate. However, in the Info screen, the ETA to destination is no where near accurate. On a recent trip, when 150 miles from our destination (per the Nav screen), travelling 75mph, the ETA was not 2 hours, which it should have been.

Is this inaccuracy related to the clock issue, or do I need to calibrate the system?

Suggestions are appreciated.

Regards