Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Fix existing iPod interface in 2008 CLK550 cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 02:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
S550 Cab
Fix existing iPod interface in 2008 CLK550 cab

Hi everyone,

On the weekend I purchased a second hand 2008 CLK550 cab. It includes Nav, P1, P2, and most other options. I've searched extensively and think I have my phone (iPhone 4) issues solved (I've spoken to cellguy and know it's pre-wired for a phone and am adding bluetooth to use my iPhone 4 - he is great!)

What I'm having trouble with is:
1. The volume of music from the iPhone (being used as an iPod) when connected to the iPod connector in the glovebox is much lower than other sources (SAT, radio, CD, etc...). Is this something that should be fixed under warranty? Assuming not, I was wondering if this was the right solution:
Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: Mercedes iPod line amplifier
Does anyone have experience fixing this issue? Is this part the right solution?

2. The existing (white) iPod interface in the glovebox does not charge my iPhone 4. Once again assuming this will not be fixed under warranty, how do I fix this? Is this the right solution:
Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: Mercedes New iPod charging lead for A/B/C/CLK/GL/ML/R/CL/S/E/CLS/SLK

Any help greatly appreciated!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 206 Likes on 183 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
I think your dealer has a tech bulletin on the volume issue and can fix it under warranty.

MBUSA believes the noncharging problem is Apple's fault and therefore not a warranty thing. Mercedes dealer does have a replacement cable that fixes that problem, but you buy it.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
S550 Cab
Thanks for the reply lkchris.

It's going in on the 30th so I hope the dealer will fix the volume problem - do you (or does anyone) know of the tech bulletin details?

Regarding the charging problem - is the part I provided the link to the right thing to buy?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 206 Likes on 183 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
One bulletin I've seen is LI82.85-P-047991, "Audio AUX: Volume in AUX menu is too quiet."

The remedy in this bulletin is a head unit software update.