Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sony Head Unit with Bose?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
Question Sony Head Unit with Bose?

I've just bought my ML (after having a C220 T CDi) which had a Sony MiniDisc headunit fitted - to a Bose system.

Now the problem I have is volume, I can't turn it down enough! it's too loud......

I know I need some sort of 'restrictor' in the speaker output so that the amp 'sees' a lower level signal so I can adjust the volume to a finer degree.

The question is what is it that I need and where can I get one from - any UK members point me in the right direction? if not can I get one mail-order?

Thanks

Richard
Old 05-19-2003, 07:18 AM

ML320
Thanks for the info Scott, does it fit the ISO connectors?

Also how much, for convenience I'll try and source one in the UK first - if not then I'll come back to you!

Many thanks

R
Old 06-18-2003, 11:47 AM
Almost a Member!

E430
I have exactly the same problem with the bose system and Sony minidisc headunit in my 98 e430. There is a lot of hiss too.

have you had any luck Richard W?
Old 06-18-2003, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
I have a Sony CD Head unit that, if at all possible, I would like to put in my 95 W 202 w/Bose. How hard is it and what will I need. Also, how is the sound quality and EQ controls with y'all's head units? I've heard that using those adapters with aftermarket head units and Bose will, unavoidably, blow the system. Is this true?
Old 06-19-2003, 03:58 AM
Almost a Member!

E430
I've had my head unit in the car for about 2 years now. While the sound is loud and I have the slight hissing noise (as mentioned above) the system plays fine. I haven't used an adapter (yet) so I can't say that it will blow your system although that would seem unlikely given that it's purpose is to regluate the gain from the head unit.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:05 PM
VBD

Richard have a word with soundlinx as last time I asked them I am sure they mentioned something about a similar interface to the Soundgate.